Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Southern California, Los Angeles, and Sherman Oaks Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Have you or someone you know been injured in a motorcycle accident in California? If you have suffered injuries or other harm and the accident was caused by another motorist’s negligence, you may be able to file a claim against them for damages.
At the Law Offices of Gary Berkovich, our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers have successfully represented many bikers and other crash victims throughout the Los Angeles area in such matters. We understand how to get the compensation you need to pay for your medical bills, and we possess the skills to fight for it.
The Major Causes of Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcycle crashes can be caused by numerous factors, including driver error, mechanical defects, bad weather, and poor road design. When an accident takes place that can be traced back to the negligence of another person or entity, you can sue them for compensation that will cover all your accident-related expenses.
Major causes of motorcycle crashes that result in injury claims include:
- Speeding or other reckless driving
- Distracted driving, such as texting and driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to obey traffic laws, signs, and signals
- Not looking before making a turn or changing lanes
- Opening car doors into a passing biker
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycles do not protect their passengers from harm nearly as effectively as those who ride in larger passenger and commercial vehicles. This is bad news for bikers, who usually suffer the most serious injuries when a collision between the two occurs—even though motorists are often the ones responsible for the crash in the first place.
Common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Road rash: Potentially serious scrapes and friction burns that can lead to pain and disfigurement.
- Broken bones: Bikers often suffer bone fractures when thrown off their vehicle.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): A TBI can be caused by a strong blow or jolt to the head, which is common in bike accidents—especially if the rider is not wearing a helmet. The most severe TBIs may lead to permanent brain damage that requires long term care.
- Spinal cord damage: Spinal cord injuries can also be very severe; the worst can lead to complete paralysis or death.
- Internal injuries: Internal bleeding and other damage to internal organs are common in motorcycle crashes.
These injuries can be expensive to treat, which is why we suggest contacting a motorcycle accident lawyer should you be facing expensive medical bills your insurance claim won’t adequately cover.
Contact the Law Offices of Gary Berkovich Today!
You may be wondering if it is necessary to involve a lawyer in your claim. Can’t the insurance companies handle it? While a simple insurance claim may suffice after most minor accidents, it is generally beneficial to hire an attorney when serious injuries are involved. Why? Because serious injuries require more money to treat, and those costly figures make most insurance companies balk. They will not want to give up the many thousands of dollars or more it will take to cover expenses like hospital stays, surgeries, prescription medication, physical therapy, counseling, ongoing treatment, and more. This is where we come in.
A lawyer can ensure you obtain the funds you are rightfully owed by doing the following:
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Experienced motorcycle accident attorneys possess the legal know-how to prepare strong arguments as well as the skills to collect evidence and conduct interviews that will build your case. They will conduct a thorough investigation of the accident on your behalf and make sure all paperwork is done correctly. If the negotiations fail, a lawyer can represent you in court should your case go to trial.
- Calculate how much compensation you are owed: If you are finding it hard to keep up with all your expenses while tending to your injuries, having an attorney take care of this on your behalf can be a major stress reliever. Motorcycle crash attorneys understand this process and will make it easy for you.
- Explain your legal options: Working with an attorney will also deepen your knowledge of your situation and put you in a position to determine whether legal action is best for you. Whether you move forward with a claim is your choice—you deserve to understand your rights so you can make the most informed decision.
Most insurance companies want to pay out claims as cheaply and efficiently as possible, and, consequently, offer minimal help to their clients. If you accept a low settlement offer only to discover that you have long-term medical or disability issues, you might be out of luck. This is where an attorney can help. At the Law Offices of Gary Berkovich, we will not stop until you have received the full amount of compensation you need and deserve, whatever it takes.
When it comes to motorcycle accident fatalities, California ranks in the top 15 of the 50 states. Motorcycle accident-related deaths in our state accounted for 15.1% of all nationwide motor vehicle deaths in 2016. That year, 566 motorcyclists were killed statewide, an 11% increase from the previous year according to the state Department of Motor Vehicles. These figures do not include the 14,400 motorcyclists who were merely injured.
Though motorcycle fatalities in the state have declined slightly in subsequent years, it is always important to remember how at risk motorcyclists are to serious injury and death. Whether you are a biker or motorist, please remember to always drive defensively and share the road.
Small Firm Dedication, Large Firm Results
When you work with our team, you get a family of individuals who not only care about you, but who can also fight until you get the recovery you need and deserve.
Personalized & Timely Strategies
We understand the stress that comes from being injured and we have made it our mission to provide both personalized and efficient strategies in a timely matter so that you can focus on your recovery.
Service Focused on Your Needs
Whether you need help with your case, or with finding medical care, the Law Offices of Gary Berkovich is here to walk alongside you.
Dedicated & Experienced Attorney
Attorney Gary Berkovich has over 20 years of legal experience defending the rights of the injured.