Lemon Law Attorney in Los Angeles
Winning Compensation to Cover Defective Vehicles
Have you recently purchased a vehicle you suspect might be a lemon? A “lemon” is any car, truck, SUV, motorcycle, or other motor vehicle which has one or more persistent problems that cannot be easily fixed. If these defects are found to make your car unsafe to operate and/or will put your vehicle out of commission for 30 days or more, it is considered a lemon.
Fortunately, the state of California has lemon laws in place to protect consumers. If you are having significant trouble with a newly purchased car, contact the Law Offices of Gary Berkovich right away. Our Los Angeles lemon law attorneys have decades of experience successfully obtaining consumers compensation to cover their losses after buying a defective vehicle.
We offer free new consultations to all prospective clients. Contact us now to schedule yours! Hablamos Español.
What Are Lemon Laws?
California’s Lemon Law protects consumers from losing money when a car recently bought or leased cannot be repaired. In such cases, consumers are generally entitled to either a replacement or a refund. Lemon laws apply to any vehicle, new or used, that includes a factory warranty.
A new or used vehicle qualifies as a lemon if it features all the following:
- The vehicle was bought or leased from a California dealer and includes a warranty
- The “authorized repair facility” (dealer) cannot adequately fix your vehicle under the warranty after a reasonable number of attempts to do so
- Your vehicle’s defect(s) substantially impairs its use, value, and/or safety
Examples of problems that may make a car a lemon are:
- Defective brakes
- Defective steering wheels
- Defective engines
- Gas leaks
- Battery fires
- Airbags that don’t deploy properly
- Air conditioner malfunctions
- Automatic transmission failures
- Electrical problems
- Fuel injection defects
- Fuel line defects
- Cruise control malfunctions
What Should I Do If I Think I Have a Lemon?
Once you have established you have purchased a lemon, the dealer is responsible for completing an inspection of the vehicle and buying it back. If, however, the dealer does not cooperate in assisting you or the manufacturer denies your claim, you can take legal action against them.
To file a claim to request compensation to cover a lemon, do the following:
- Notify the manufacturer of the problem. They will inform you what steps to take next.
- Complete any required correspondence through certified mail and keep receipts.
- Keep copies of all other documentation related to your vehicle and its defects such as letters, bills, and receipts.
- Contact an experienced lemon law attorney. While you can file a claim without legal representation, a lawyer can provide valuable advice on how to handle your claim during a free consultation. They can also help you to figure out what to do next and represent you in negotiations with the manufacturer or dealership who sold the vehicle to you.
Get the compensation you deserve. Contact our Los Angeles lemon lawyers now by calling (818) 290-8942.
At Law Offices of Gary Berkovich, we can help you receive compensation that will help you repair or replace your lemon as well as reimburse any related expenses you’ve already paid for.
The compensation you may qualify for includes:
- A complete refund of your purchase (including fees, down payments, and financing costs)
- The replacement value of your vehicle
- The full balance of your loan or lease to pay it off
With an attorney by your side, you’ll increase your chances of receiving the maximum amount of compensation available to you. A lawyer can also ensure your claim is done correctly and promptly as errors and delays often serve to give dealerships and manufacturers an excuse to deny your claim.
Small Firm Dedication, Large Firm Results
When you work with our team, you get a family of individuals who not only care about you, but who can also fight until you get the recovery you need and deserve.
Personalized & Timely Strategies
We understand the stress that comes from being injured and we have made it our mission to provide both personalized and efficient strategies in a timely matter so that you can focus on your recovery.
Service Focused on Your Needs
Whether you need help with your case, or with finding medical care, the Law Offices of Gary Berkovich is here to walk alongside you.
Dedicated & Experienced Attorney
Attorney Gary Berkovich has over 20 years of legal experience defending the rights of the injured.